Friday, October 9, 2015

Protective style of the Week

One of the keys to maintaining a healthy hair regimen especially in the Fall and Winter months is protective styling. By keeping your hair moisturized and tucked away your not only keeping your hair protected from the elements you also have less reason to handle your strands.

Moisturized hair + Protective Styling = A great recipe for hair growth. Here's my protective style of the week. I applied a liberal amount of leave in conditioner on freshly washed and air dried hair followed by organic coconut oil to seal in that moisture.


Two simple side braids and a messy bun. 


From week to week I like to experiment with new ways to keep my hair in a protective style and foster an environment for growth. Allowing a couple of days to let my hair down on the weekend gives me a chance to enjoy it and then tuck it away during the week. Protective styling also ensures my hair style won't interfere with my workout and I cannot tell a lie I also love experimenting with new styles.

What plans do you have for your strands?


No comments:

Post a Comment