Thursday, October 22, 2015

Hair Growth Tip!

Many black women suffer from horribly damaged edges caused by too tight weaves, wig combs and braiding. On the other hand there are some that just want thicker hair and if you fit any of these categories there is hope in a jar.

Castor oil is excellent for thickening and hair regrowth. It's rumored to increase hair growth 3 to 5x quicker than the normal growth rate. I've witnessed horribly damaged edges flourish with regular applications of castor oil. I personally have used it in my hair journey when I was really gunning for growth. In return my already thick hair became unbelievably thick, so keep that in mind. I've also had great success when a particular section along my hairline was damaged from too tight buns, castor oil cleared that up in no time.

Due to the thick consistency of castor oil it can be mixed with a lighter oil such as jojoba to prevent weighing down the hair. Although I prefer unrefined cold pressed castor oil such Jamaican Black Castor oil off brands seem to work fine as well.

To apply I run the oil through my scalp in a bottle with a pointed applicator tip. I've found that using it about every other night has worked well and with good results. Also if your using this to regrow edges or damage you must layoff the styling method that is causing that damage! For example, if your wearing wigs pin them down with bobby pins instead of wig combs.

There are reports that some women add castor oil to there shampoo and conditioners for thickening. I haven't tried that but I often reach for it as part of my pre-poo treatment, you can read more about that on my wash day and review post. Finally some of the benefits of castor oil include:

  •  Prevents itchy, dry scalp
  • Antibacterial and anti-fungal which makes it great for scalp conditions such as ringworm
  • Treatment for thinning hair or hair regrowth
  • High concentration of fatty acids make it an excellent moisturizer
  • With regular use it can fade scars
There are a ton of uses for this super oil, the list goes on and on. If you happen to reach for some please let me know your results!




No comments:

Post a Comment