Monday, October 26, 2015

Meal of the week: Spaghetti Squash with Ground turkey

One of the keys to success in my weight loss journey has been tricking my brain. I feel in love with the versatility of cauliflower but here recently I've began a new love affair with spaghetti squash. I'm telling you this is so good you won't miss the carbs, here's what you'll need to serve up this tasty dish.
 
Using one medium-size Spaghetti Squash.  Use a sharp knife to pierce the Spaghetti squash (all the way to center) in a few places to allow steam out when cooking.

Microwave for 5 to 7 minutes on high, stopping at the midway point to rotate 180 degrees and microwave for another 5 minutes until squash shell is soft to the touch.  Carefully remove from microwave and let rest for 10 minutes to allow squash to finish cooking inside.

Use a sharp knife, cut each end off of the squash.  Next cut the squash in half lengthwise.  Allow the squash to cool for a couple minutes.  Scrape the seeds from the inside of the squash with a spoon. Once the seeds are removed use a fork and gently scrape the inside around the squash to shred the pulp strands onto a plate or bowl, that's your spaghetti! Once removed I opted to lightly saute my squash for about 4 to 6 minutes, seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic and a bit parmesan cheese.


Fools the eyes and the taste buds!


I served my squash in conjunction with Ragu Super Chunky Mushroom sauce loaded with fresh garlic, oregano and onion as well as fresh ground turkey. This easy dish served as my lunch last week and not only was my tummy full my taste buds were satisfied. According to my calculations this dish is approximately 300 calories and super satisfying. 




Meal prep complete!


*If the squash seems difficult to scrape, just return to the oven and bake and additional 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment