Monday, November 30, 2015

You Grow Girl Mini Challenge: 90 Days of Protective Styling

The You Grow Girl (YGG) hair growth challenge has been underway for one month now and I want to challenge you growers to step up your protective styling tenfold. The challenge details calls for protective styling 50% of the time and guess what? Most of the participants are failing miserably in this critical area for growth. The expectation based on a 50% protective styling standard is that your hair will be up for at least three or four days a week. Now be honest, have you been upholding that standard?


You see, I have the pleasure of being in contact with many of the YGG challengers via Facebook, Instagram, the hair community or work. I see you all posting pictures, some more often than others, of your smiling faces and exposed ends on a regular basis. I'm expecting to see your ends tucked at least three days a week and I've got to be honest, it's not happening. For the month of November I let my hair down a total of five days max, that's it. If I can do it trust me so can you. My go to styles for November were a curly half wig and a bun. I've faithfully applied Jamaican Black Castor oil every other night and I'm not sure about the rest of you but my new growth is incredibly THICK! I know I'm working to get the best results from the YGG challenge because my hair is staying moisturized, oiled and tucked 95% of the time. With two more months to go I'm sure to experience great results because I'm working the challenge to the best of my ability.

My protective styles for November a half wig and a classic bun
Now YGG gals it's your turn to step it up, for the next thirty days I challenge you to protective style  every single day. If that seems impossible to you because it's the holiday season and you have to flaunt your locks I'll grant you five days of freedom max as a Christmas gift from me to you, no need to thank me. If your serious about the level of growth you want to achieve don't skip on this important step. Once the 90 day challenge is up don't be disappointed in the work you didn't do if your not taking the steps to really build and environment for growth by consistently applying your JBCO and protective styling.

So start planning your next steps to ensure your prepared to be successful. You can begin by investing in a great wig or half wig, I just walked into a beauty supply store and began trying them on until I found a couple that worked for me. Or schedule a sew in, braids or crochet braid install. My favorite options is to check out some YouTube videos for a few easy protective styles and start experimenting, the sky is the limit but you've got to commit!

So You Grow Girl contestants are you up for challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment