Tuesday, November 10, 2015

You Grow Girl Challengers & Updates...

The YGG challenge is under way and I'm thrilled at the feedback and questions I'm getting from this diverse group of challengers. The #yougrowgirl15 challengers are a unique blend of different textures, lengths and growth goal oriented natural and relaxed haired ladies, all on a mission to grow healthy hair.

There are understandably some women who didn't want to be identified but here's a glimpse behind some of our YGG gals!



As for myself I couldn't bring myself to flat iron or silk wrap my hair in order to take a "proper" starting pic. What I did do was stretch my week old braid out to the best of my ability and place markers at my arm pit (APL) and waist (WL) to act as a guide as to where my hair stands in terms of length.



Finally, my protective style of choice for the first weeks of the YGG challenge is a half wig. Here I am rocking the Vanessa Express Half Wig La Fasta. As you can see I leave a small section of the front of my hair out that I curl with a flexirod in order to blend with my wig. Stay tuned for details on why half wigs are my protective style of choice.


One week down in the YGG challenge, I'd love to know how you beauties are doing. Please don't be timid if you have questions regarding the health of you hair, I'm at your service. Until next time beauties, you grow!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I used to wear half wigs a lot when i was growing my hair out....i need to invest in a couple for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love half wigs, they are so fun to experiment with! I hope you joined us on the challenge Monique!

      Delete