Tuesday, November 3, 2015

10 Minutes a day Fitness

If your hoping that I'm going to feed you a magic pill that will get you super fit in ten minutes or less, think again. What I do hope to do is give those of  you that want to start a workout routine a way to begin with small increments and those of you that are already active an idea to stay focused on fitness. Ten minutes a day fitness has been a lifesaver for keeping me on track with my fit goals.

On a day to day basis I average a half hour to an hour and a half of exercise. On the days that I perform two exercise sessions a day I'm pushing the hour and a half mark. Now we're not talking about those days, we're talking about the days that I don't feel like exercising; the days in which every core of my being is rebelling at the thought of working out. The days when you'd rather go to dentist, to bed..I'd rather do anything that doesn't involve breaking a sweat. On those days I implement my ten minutes of fitness to push through my mental barrier and commit to a workout.

I have to tell you that I've implemented this strategy even on occasion when I was sick or hung over and surprisingly I've felt better once my ten minutes were up. Also, I maintained this standard while we were on our vacation recently and upon returning home I didn't miss a beat! There was no "I have to get back into the swing of things" mentality because I never quit! Even better you can almost bet that once your engine gets running you'll bypass that ten minutes easily and actually get in a workout state of mind. Once that happens I've easily performed a solid full body workout when my goal was a flimsy time minutes, how sweet is that? That's one of my secrets to working out and losing weight all the way around.

Benefits of a short, intense workout

Coming up with the techniques to trick yourself into moving, pushing and overcoming your mental roadblocks is what it's all about. Some of my favorite ten minute workouts include: YouTube queen Tiffany Rothe's  Mountain Climber and Booty Shaking Waist workouts. I also enjoy The Firm DVD Target Toning Zero in Ten workout which is a collage of fitness routines that combine cardio and strength training. Finally when I'm really in a rut, I'll simply jump on my elliptical or stationary bike and start moving. I'll be there first to admit that there have been occasions when I forced myself to do the bare minimum of ten minutes and that was it for the day. The key here isn't perfection it's persistence.

I'd love to know your tricks to get moving when your motivation is down, here's to a week of wellness, make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment