Monday, November 9, 2015

Easy Game Day/Weeknight Meal...Crockpot Chicken Fajitas

If you happened upon my fajita chicken recipe your going to begin to think I'm obsessed with fajitas! Well what I am obsessed with is food that packs a lot of flavor without all the calories. Not only do I have to fool myself but my husband also has to have good eats, especially on game day Saturday. So this week were enjoying crockpot chicken fajitas, easy and delicious!

Here's what you dolls will need to cook up this game day fare:

3 chicken breast (about 2lbs)
One large onion
One red and one yellow bell pepper
One pack of fajita or taco seasoning
Two tablespoons of lime juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
Seasoning salt
Pepper
Garlic Salt
Tortillas

I began by cleaning my chicken breast and lightly seasoning them with both pepper and both seasoning and garlic salt. I prefer to lightly sear both sides before I toss my chicken into the crock pot but your more than welcome to throw them in there raw. I thinly slice my onion and bell peppers and toss half of the onion/pepper combination into a crockpot that I've lightly sprayed with cooking oil. I then layer the chicken breast side by side on top of the peppers and onions and pour in the chicken stock and two tablespoons of lime juice over the chicken. I then sprinkle the entire pack of taco seasoning mix on top chicken and layer on the other half of my peppers and onions. Another option that I've tried in the past that adds an extra punch of flavor is tossing in a can of diced tomatoes and green chilies.  This combination of flavors is very forgiving. I've made this a zillion times with less ingredients and sometimes more thrown in the crockpot and it's been delicious every time. That's why I love fajitas they're so versatile you almost can't go wrong.

Cook on high for three hours or on medium for six to eight hours. Remove the lid and allow to cool slightly then use two forks to shred your chicken. Combine the peppers and chicken well and serve on warm tortillas with toppings of your choice (light sour cream, cheese, guacamole, salsa) easy and filling!



No comments:

Post a Comment