Wednesday, December 16, 2015

This season give the gift of health..

2015 is the year that I committed to making my health a priority, period. While that commitment was easy on same days, other days were literally a battle with self. I'll be the first to admit that in the beginning the bad days sometimes outweighed the good but in the end there were a few items that helped me stay motivated and (dare I say) excited about working out and embracing healthy changes. So without further ado let me share my top picks of  gifts that would do wonders for any gal aiming to lose weight or increase her level of fitness this year and beyond.

Moxie Fitness Apparel
Polar FT4
  1. Of course I have to stroke the vanity hiding beneath the layers we'd like to lose by wrapping myself in stylish workout clothes. Compression leggings and stylish workout clothes can not only give you a boost of confidence in the gym but they actually make me want to workout. I've had some great luck finding quality workout gear at discount prices at Walmart, TJ Maxx and Marshalls but when I'm in the mood to splurge I head over to Moxie Fitness Apparel and snag a tee with a spunky saying and a pair of matching leggings.   
  2. I love my Polar Heart Rate monitor, now I realize there are a lot of new gadgets out there but this gal is committed to Polar. While it does require a chest strap for monitoring your heart rate I don't mind since I only utilize it when I'm working out it really doesn't bother me. I have two goals when I'm breaking a sweat: to accurately track my calorie burn based on my personal data (age, weight) and also to keep an eye on my heart rate. It's really a great tool to determine if your burning enough based on the calories your eating, especially if your utilizing My Fitness Pal to track your daily intake.     
  3. Sweatproof earbud headphones, I love these! I'm a heavy sweater and nothing breaks my stride like the feeling of my sweaty headphones slipping out my ear drums and eventually falling out, getting tangled between my legs and temporarily taking the focus away from my workout. With sweatproof earbuds this aggravating scenario is a thing of the past. Since we're on the subject another great gift for the fitness minded would be an Apple iPod mini loaded with fast paced songs, music is a great motivator!
  4. This category isn't specific due to the fact that this list is based on my fit must haves but I couldn't create a fit gift list without a few heavy hitters. A great piece of fitness equipment weather it be a weight bench, elliptical, stationary bike or free weights. Based on the intended recipients weight loss or fit goals having a piece of exercise equipment (or three) has worked wonders in adding variety to my workouts.
  5. Support and by support I literally mean your time. Outside of my current lifestyle I was once able to maintain an awesome fit life when I had an equally amazing accountability partner. Like so many of the great things in life fitness is better together. Not only are you more likely to challenge one another your also more likely to show up! If that's out of the question why not purchase a few personal training sessions or classes to give them a boost in the right direction.
When it comes to fitness this listing provides a few of my favorites that not only make me want to workout but also helps me to maintain my drive and enthusiasm. If you have someone that really wants to make change in the right direction, give the gift of healthy, it keeps on giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment