Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Fall shoe preview: Work and Play boot and shoe haul

I love a comfortable stylish shoe and I've found myself drawn to booties this season above anything else followed closely by the popular block heels which seem to be growing in popularity. I indulged a bit thanks to a fab sale at Macys and found a few pairs that were exactly what I needed in terms of comfort, detail and style.

The tan Mary Jane heels by Ralph Lauren we're love at first sight. These beauties put me in a vintage seventies state of mind with the wooden block heel. Not only do they look great on my feet after wearing them a day in the office I found them to be very comfortable as well. I can envision a thousand outfits to wear these bad boys with and above all else these chunky heels are easy to walk in, comfort is mandatory at this stage in life. The Clark Mary Janes are also pleasing to the eye and an excellent contributor to the strong grey palette in my wardrobe. I think the textured heel really adds a pop of style to the shoe and most importantly they feel good on my feet. These are my first official pair of Clark's, I don't know if that means I'm getting older or they're getting more hip but I like them and that's what matters. Both of these are great additions to my work wardrobe, I'm off to a good start for someone who began my fall/winter wardrobe shopping somewhat late, was I the only one holding onto summer?

If you haven't noticed by the pictures my sights have been set on booties. My guy Vince Camuto offered up two pairs that I couldn't resist in a camel suede and black zippered bootie. Again, the name of the game for me is comfort and style and I believe I've got a good mixture of both. I can picture myself trouncing around Easton Fashion Place getting my Christmas shopping done in these grey White Mountain booties, the lining makes them warm and they'll go perfect with some fitted jeggings and this seasons hooded poncho. Finally, I'm not completely sold on the black Calvin Klein boots, I like the gold detail above the heel and on the buckle and I appreciate the way they hug my slim calves, but for some reason I'm not in love with the look of them on me. To be honest, my husbands compliments about this boot has kept them around but I saw a short boot by the same designer that may tickle my fancy a bit more than this pair. Decisions, decisions...it's a woman's right to choose, that's my motto!

I believe these babies are good additions to my existing shoe wardrobe, what's on your fall and winter shopping list B&B dolls?






2 comments:

  1. I personally am excited the Mary Jane Heel is Coming back. 😍😍

    nikifnt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I @nikifnt! A bit of vintage sexiness and class in one shoe!

      Delete