Sunday, December 13, 2015

One inch of hair growth in one week, who's up for the challenge?

Looking at the calendar it's about that time! Challenge time that is, for all you #yougrowgirl15 hair growth challengers I have a method that claims to achieve one inch of hair growth in one week and based on my past experience utilizing this method it actually works!

Has anyone heard of the "inversion method" for hair growth? Well whether you have or haven't I'm here to break it down for you in a few easy steps. The inversion method in a nutshell is where you "invert" yourself in order to allow the blood to flow to your head and scalp for approximately four minutes a day for five to seven days. You can invert by allowing your head to hang off the side of your bed, sitting and allowing your head to hang between your knees or getting in downward dog type of position and allowing your head to hang. The details behind this method is that the increased blood flow to your scalp and hair follicles also increases hair growth. The caveat to this method is that it's not something you can do weekly with the expectation of receiving the same results. Sorry to disappoint you but as your body get's used to the increased blood flow the "magic" wears off therefore in order to see results the recommendation is to perform the inversion method only once per month.

I didn't give this method much attention until I read an article that grabbed my attention followed by  a YouTube video breakdown by LongNHealthy that explained her miraculous hair growth of two inches in five days. Based on her overview I was convinced to give it a try along with my sister, niece and two of my little cousins.  In addition to the inversion method this particular video also called for drinking bamboo tea (which contains high levels of silica which greatly benefits skin and hair), applying Hairdrenalin oil to the scalp and massaging it in and then performing the inversion method for approximately four minutes per day. In the end of our experiment it's fair to say we all achieved approximately one inch of hair growth. I personally wrapped an elastic band around one lock of hair and kept it in for the length of our trial. I measured that lock of hair at the start and finish of our experiment. I was happy to achieve an inch of growth in a week even if I fell a full inch short of LongNHealthy's results.  Based on several other videos I've viewed prior to taking on the experiment many others have achieved significant growth as well. In order to get the details behind the inversion method and Hairdrenalin (which is no longer available for sale but you can buy the ingredients to make it yourself) please hit the link above to view LongNHealthy's YouTube video.

My results with the inversion method

Now that you know the details behind the inversion method please note that I'm not asking for you to go all out as described in the video but I am challenging you to apply your Jamaican Black Castor oil, hair growth oil or oil of your choice directly to your scalp and massage it in everyday for the next five to seven days followed by a four minute investment to perform the inversion method. Realistically between the oil application, light massage and inverting this can be done in about five minutes a day and with the possibility of achieving one inch of growth the investment is more than worth it.  Considering the fact that hair grows approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month achieving even a tiny growth spurt of 1/2 inch or more in a weeks time is definitely a bonus. Now, I call that time well spent, so I ask you #YGG gals...

Are you up for the challenge?



2 comments:

  1. I was looking for a hair oil that worksheets dreds Jamaican castor oil good for dreds too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jenn, the castor oil will also benefit locs. It originates from the land of locs Jamaican after all. Please share your thoughts if yu decide to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete