Monday, January 25, 2016

Pre-vacation testimony

1st workout on vacation
My husband and I are less than an hour away from stepping onto our long anticipated birthday cruise. I plan to completely unplug, but first I wanted to share with you  my testimony that I posted to Facebook just two days ago. It's been a trying week but my faith and power has been restored.

 "Have you ever had a divine tap on the shoulder?  It's been a rough week, a totalled car, broken wrist, injured my rotator cuff, flight out of D.C. was a no-go and the list goes on.

I could continue but the bulk of my frustration came from the conflict between my stubborn, independent nature and not wanting to request assistance as well as my inability to get a good workout. To make a long story short I'm sulking, I was in pain because in my opinion my husband didn't notice I needed help soon enough (being a brat) and I was too prideful to ask, I was being a 1st class witch on a broom. Then as we flew into  Chicago I looked out my window at an image only God's paint brush could create. The soft rays of sun peaked through the clouds and seemed to collide with the frigid waters of Lake Michigan and the city shore. I got that tingle that overcomes you when you're excited for the Lord, my eyes filled with tears..

I'm a happy gal again!
How dare me make a bad week a bad life. How dare I treat this injury like a life sentence. How dare I allow myself to be pitiful instead of powerful! God is good and His timing is always right. Now we're off to celebrate our birthdays and I'm in the state of mind I should've chosen before we departed" #butGod

I really had to choose to take my power back and I got my first explosive workout on our first day of vacation, which may I add we got an extra day due to rerouting our flight layover from D.C. (which was shut down due to the blizzard) to Chicago, a blessing in itself! I was measuring everything that went wrong and nothing that was right. We escaped a terrible accident that could have taken our lives, the car is replaceable and we are headed to an island vacation!  I chose my attitude and it has made a mighty differance! Have a wonderful week my beauties!


No comments:

Post a Comment