Thursday, February 4, 2016

Our birthday escape to the islands

It goes without saying that my husband and I share a deep love for one another but we also have an uncanny connection. I've always felt that connection was due to the fact that our birthdays are only three days apart, and we both fit the definition of our Aquarius birth traits to a tee. For the first time in our marriage my husband and I decided to plan a getaway in the middle of  Aquarius season, aka winter in the Midwest, to celebrate our birthdays. Not only has this vacation, which included a cruise with stops in the Bahamas, been long planned after the rough week we had leading up to it, it was very much needed. The car accident from the prior week and the Blizzard of 2016 threatened to ruin our trip but the universe was on our side and it was all I could ask for and then some.

A perfect day on the beach!
I long for the days when waking up to sunshine is a daily ritual, until then take me to the beach! Surround us with good people, food and music and that's a party! We met the most incredible, welcoming individuals from all walks of life. Both Allan and I agree that this tropical escape tops the charts as one of our very best vacations to date.

 So I thought I'd share just a few pictures of us soaking up the sun and embracing the moments that made this vacay so memorable.
For me the sun is like an earthly power cord that charges me and the energy of the ocean is undeniable. I feel so alive when I'm surrounded by the sun and ocean, it's a special kind of energy.


 On the first day at sea we woke to a beautiful sight, the rising of the sun. On of earths most precious gifts rising to greatness with the ocean as it's canvas, beautiful! It was even more captivating in person.


Arriving in Nassau, upon exiting the ship, they have all these photo ops that are kinda cheesy, yet irresistible. So like obedient suckers tourist, we found ourselves to be so captivating in these pictures that we purchased more than a few!

 


 
 Unfortunately the bulk of our pictures feature good times with our new found friends or Allan and I fully embracing the beach life. Knowing that we had a limited amount of time to soak in the sun we pretty much lived in swimsuits and this is exactly the life I'm manifesting for our future. Flip flops in January is my idea of living!


It's safe to safe I'm fully embracing this moment...

Unlike myself my husband wasn't a very cooperative model. This is the best shot I managed of him exiting the water. Funny thing is, it's totally him, I love this shot!


We did manage a few pictures that were fully clothed but I choose to focus on these few shots plus a few more that make me smile. This was a great vacation! Next stop, France and Copenhagen in May, I've got a hot and ready passport that's ready for some stamps!




No comments:

Post a Comment